THE 22 DISTRICTS OF THE COLONIAL IDOMA NATIVE AUTHORITY
* Ito, Oju and Uwokwu are Igede speaking
* Utonkon is Ufia speaking while Akpa is Akweya speaking but both speak the generic Idoma dialect as well.
* Only Igumale, Utonkon and Agila had powerful Kingdoms with royal family and an unbroken line of Kings stretching back 500 years.
* Oglewu is fusion of Ochobo and Oglewu precolonial chiefdoms
* Ugboju, Otukpo and Adoka each have a common ancestor but all have minority clans assimilated through marriages
* Umogidi was an independent chieflet added to Adoka
* Onyagede is made up of precolonial chieflets which include Onyagede, Agadagba, Okpiko, Aume, Ukpobi and the small Abakpa clan of Onyagede
* Agatu is made up of 18 independent precolonial chiefdoms while Ochekwu is made up of 13 independent chiefdoms.
* Precolonial Edumoga included Igede speaking Ito and had 5 Chiefdoms: Ito, Eke, Edumoga-Icho, Edumoga-Ehaje and Ugbokolo.
* Akpa, Orokam and Ichama has 5 unrelated clans each
* Otukpa and Okpoga have 3 unrelated clans each
* Agatu continued as a local government while Ochewu continued as Apa local government
Bishop Mrs Goddy